These terms and conditions form an integral part of your hire contract with Tepee Tent Hire, hereinafter referred to as the “Company”.
The “Hirer” is the person whose name & address appears at the top of the hire contract of which these terms and conditions form a part. The hirer must be at least 18 years old. The Hirer accepts full legal liability for all the equipment listed on the hire contract(s) irrespective of whether the equipment is for the Hirer’s personal use, or that of another member of his/her party, booking under the same contract booking number.
“Equipment” includes Tents, Marquees, Camping Furniture & any other item(s) hired by the Hirer from the Company. The hire period is the date from which the equipment is collected/received by the hirer from the Company or its agents, until the date that the hirer is due to return the equipment. Both these dates are clearly stated on the hire contract.
Conditions of Hire
1. You must provide valid ID when receiving the equipment on hire. The Company reserves the right not to hand over any equipment if the Hirer cannot properly identify himself/herself. In these circumstances no refund will be given.
2. The Hirer or his/her agent will sign a receipt for the equipment. By signing, the Hirer or his\her agent acknowledges that they have inspected the equipment & confirms that it is the equipment ordered & that it is in satisfactory working order and condition.
3. The Hirer accepts full personal liability for the equipment from the time he\she receives it from a member of the Company’s staff or agents, until it is returned/collected by the Company at the end of the hire period.
3.1 The hirer shall not remove any labels from and interfere with the equipment, their working mechanisms or any part of them and shall take reasonable care of the equipment whilst on hire.
3.2 The hirer will take adequate and proper measurers to protect the equipment from theft, damage and or risks such as adverse weather.
3.3 Where the hire goods require fuel, oil/or electricity ensure that the proper type and or voltage is used and that where appropriate, the equipment are properly installed by a qualified and competent person.
4. Replacement Costs The Company reserves the right to charge the hirer the full replacement cost of such equipment if it becomes damaged, lost or stolen during the period of hire, or until it has been returned to the Company. In the first instance if possible, we will only charge for the replacement parts and labour to repair the damage otherwise the replacement costs are as follows: Tents: 4m Tepee £800, 4m Bell Tent £800, 5m Bell Tent £1000, 6m x 4m Emperor Tent £1300, 6m x 4m Marquee £650, Camping Furniture & Accessories at Recommend Retail Price.
5. Pitching of the Tent - If a charge has been made by the company for pitching/dismantling the tent it is clearly stated on the contract and the fee includes the labour to erect said item(s).
It is the responsibility of the hirer to:
5.1. Make sure the site is clear of services to a depth of 0.5m of Gas, Electricity, Water and drainage pipes – any damage caused if present will be the responsibility of the Hirer.
5.2. There is at least 1 Metre of spare area around the circumference of the Tent. The Company will still endeavour to pitch the Tent where there is insufficient spare area, but the Company cannot be held responsible for any damage or making good to garden beds, plants or other such property.
5.3. There is easy access to the site from the delivery vehicle.
5.4. The distance between vehicular parking and the installation site is no more than 75m and is a level, clear path.
5.5. The site will be clear of all obstacles and debris on the day of installation.
5.6. The site will be clear of people and animals during installation.
5.7. No BBQ’s or gas patio heaters will be used inside the Tent.
5.8. That any build-up of pooled rain or snow is removed from the canopy by the hirer.
5.9. All possible steps are taken to avoid injury or damage to the equipment including climbing or hanging from the framework of the Tent.
5.10. No smoking is allowed inside the Tent, a fine of £200 will be charged.
5.11. Once the Tent has been pitched and the company has left the site. It is the responsibility of the Hirer to check that the equipment remains secure, especially in high winds over 40 Km/h and that all straps/guy ropes are checked on a regular basis.
5.12. In extreme cases of severe wind, it might even be necessary to lower the tent down.
5.13. In the event of severe adverse weather, it may not be even possible to pitch/strike your tent. In this situation the Company will liaise with the hirer and delay the pitch to a more suitable time. If the delay continues into the following day and additional staff costs are required, then this will be borne by the Hirer. It is good practice for both the Hirer and Company to assess the weather conditions prior to the pitch/strike and discuss alternative plans.
5.14. The Hirer should keep any part of the equipment that is a framed structure or a tent completely closed and secure while not in use during the period of hire.
5.15. The Hire charges do not include any making good or repairing of damage to the site.
5.16. The Hirer is required to provide the contractor with either a plan showing the position in which the equipment is to be erected or should have a representative on the site for that purpose. In the absence of both then the company having erected the equipment where they think fit shall be deemed to have completed the contract.
5.17. The Hirer is responsible for giving notice to or obtaining permits from any authorities who are or may be concerned and must take application where necessary to the Planning Authority, District Surveyor, Police, Fire Brigade and any similar authority or organisation. Any costs incurred in delays or modifications in the work arising from the absence or misrepresentation of all such necessary permissions and permits shall be payable to the Company by the Hirer. Where appropriate obtain a licence from the Local Authority. Any requirements under the licence must be notified to us in writing, at least 28 days prior to erection. Should the Company for any reason be unable to comply with these requirements, then the Contract will become void and the customer advised accordingly.
5.18. The Company will allow the hirer to decorate the equipment with any decorations it deems fit for their function on the understanding that they are completely removed including all tape/string and or other materials before the company takes down the equipment. The hirer is also fully responsible for any damage/staining of the equipment that may be caused by said items of decorations.
6. Amendments. The company will allow the hirer to change the details once free of charge after you have completed your booking, subject to the equipment still being available. The company will not accept any changes 7 days prior to your departure. All amendments must be in writing and sent by post, or e-mail to the Company. Any subsequent amendments will be charged at £10 per amendment.
7. Cancellations. If the booking was made by Telephone or the Internet then the Hirer may cancel the contract up to seven working days after the contract was made and will receive a full refund of monies paid, provided that the cancellation is in writing and sent by post, or e-mail to the Company. Where the equipment has already been dispatched by carrier or to the location the hirer is due to pick up, then the Hirer will be liable for the costs of the dispatch and return of the goods. In such circumstances, the equipment must be returned unused to the Company, and within seven days of its receipt, or normal hire charges will apply. The following cancellation charges will apply:
7.1. No refunds will be made for cancellations made within seven days from the commencement of the hire period.
7.2. Cancellations made between 8 to 20 days before the commencement of the hire period are subject to a fee of 20% of the value of the hire contract, (subject to a minimum charge of £20 for Tents).
7.3. Cancellations for Tent hire made 20 days or more, before the commencement of the hire period, are subject to a fee of 10% of the value of the hire or an administration charge of £10 whichever is greater.
8. Changes. It is possible that the equipment which you have pre-booked may have been lost or damaged by the previous hirer. In this event, the Company will endeavour to provide the Hirer with equipment of at least the same quality & value as that ordered by the Hirer. Should the Hirer not wish to take the alternative equipment offered, he/she will be entitled to a full refund in respect of the missing equipment. However, the Company accepts no further liability.
9. Returning Equipment Late. If the equipment is returned after the RETURN date printed on the contract, the Company reserves the right to charge the Hirer at the daily rate of hire for each day the equipment is late up to the replacement cost of the equipment, as specified in paragraph “4” above, together with any legal fees or associated recovery costs.
10. Deposits. For all equipment that is collected by the Hirer and erected by the Hirer we require a Minimum £50 Deposit at the time of delivery. If the equipment is, damaged beyond repair, damaged, or dirty beyond normal wear and tear a fee will be deducted from this deposit. See Terms 4, 11 &12 for indicative charges.
11. Cleaning of the Tent Whilst we accept it may not be possible to fully clean the tent before returning it because of the weather conditions. The company reserves the right to charge a cleaning fee of £50 for tents if the equipment is returned in a dirty state and must be fully cleaned.
12. Damage Charges for Tents. Here is a guideline of charges for damage to tents. These charges will be notified to the hirer before being deducted from the deposit. Broken pole £70, Guy ropes £5, Small straight tears under 15cms in length £10 larger tears POA, Broken Zips £50.
13. The Company reserves the right to refuse to hire equipment to any client with whom it does not wish to enter a contractual relationship. The Company reserves the right to cancel a contract at any time & without notice, whereupon it will refund to the hirer any monies paid. Following such a refund, no further liability will exist between the hirer & the Company.
14. Save as provided in these conditions & to the extent that the exclusion or restriction of liability may be prohibited by statute, the Company will not be liable for any loss, damage or injury caused, directly or indirectly by the equipment or its use. Your statutory rights are not affected.
15. FORCE MAJEURE. While every effort will be made by the Company to carry out any order accepted the full performance of it is subject to variation or cancellation by the Company consequent upon Act of God, War, Strikes, Riots, Lockouts or any other disturbances. Fire, Flood, Storm, Gale or Tempest restrictions on the use of Transport, Fuel or Power. Requisitioning Storage of material or transport or labour or any other cause beyond the control of the Company.